Yogmandu Yoga offers a comprehensive 200 hours Residential Yoga Teacher Training, a month-long Yoga Alliance accredited yoga teacher certification program.
The course best suits beginners and intermediate practitioners planning to become professional yoga instructors through a one-month stay in our yoga retreat.
Practitioners wanting to learn the course for personal reasons including health, wellness, and spirituality also benefit from this program.
Upon completing our 200 hours residential yoga course, one can register with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200.
|Course Fee||USD 1400|
|Level||Beginner to Intermediate|
|Yoga Style||Sanatan and Hatha Yoga|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Certification||YTT 200 Yoga Alliance US Certification|
- Prior experience is good but not compulsory.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- 16 years old or more.
Please Note: If for any reason, a participant is found unfit to complete the course, Yogmandu keeps the right to discontinue his/her course without any refund. In some unavoidable situations, we may allow participants to complete the course in the near future with no additional charges.
All participants completing our 200-hour yoga teacher’s training program will earn an internationally recognized Yoga Alliance YTT 200 certification.
200 Hours YTT Course Syllabus
Pranayama, Mudra, and Bandha
Mantra Chant and Yogic Relaxation
Yogic Philosophy, Anatomy, Physiology, and Lifestyle
Yoga Detoxification, Teaching Practice, and Other Activities
- Techniques, Training, and Practice
- Prayer and Mantra Chanting
- Jogging, Warm-ups, and Sun Salutation
- Shatkarma (Cleansing Techniques)
- Modifications and Variations
- Proper Alignment and Adjustments
- Health Benefits and Precautions
- Yoga Sequencing
- Mudra, Bandha, and Pranayama
- Yoga Nidra and Dhyana (Meditation)
- Body Alignment
- Yoga Safety Guidelines
- Teaching Methodology
- Group Dynamics
- Time Management
- Principles of Demonstration
- Verbal Cueing
- Correcting / Assisting
- Gentle Hands-on Adjustments
- Qualities of a Good Teacher
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Constituents of a human body
- Bones, Joints, Muscles
- Human Body Systems
- Anatomy of Energy, Pancha Koshas, and Gunas
- Spiritual Anatomy
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics
- Meaning and History of Yoga
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Sanskrit yogic terms
- Yogic Diet
- Sattvic, Rajasic, and Tamasic
- Daily Yogic Rituals
- Forms of yoga
- Ashtanga and Hataha Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Jnana Yoga
- Kundalini and Tantra Yoga
- Mantra Yoga
- Difference between traditional and modern styles of yoga
|6:30 - 7:45||Shatkarma, Mantra Chant, and/or Pranayama|
|7:45 - 8:00||Tea Break|
|8:00 - 9:30||Asana Practice|
|9:30 - 10:30||Breakfast|
|10:30 - 13:00||Lecture|
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:00||Self Study|
|15:00 - 16:45||Workshop|
|16:45 - 17:00||Tea Break|
|17:00 - 18:30||Asana / Meditation Practice|
|18:30 - 19:30||Dinner|
|19:30 to 21:30||Self Study|
Yoga Teacher Training participants will be evaluated based on the following assessments.
- Class participation
- Lesson planning
- Conducting a workshop
- Mantra Chanting
- Philosophy Lessons
- Observations of the teacher
- Communication during the class
- Three organic meals (vegetarian) (vegan on request)
- Unlimited herbal teas
- Shared accommodation unless requested otherwise
- Shatkarma Kit
- Two ayurvedic massages
- Yoga textbook and notebook
- Yoga Alliance Certificate
- 13% VAT and 10% Service Charge
- Travel expenses to and from the retreat including airfare and airport/hotel transfer
- Expenses during outings or day trips
- Travel and medical insurance
- Laundry (done for an extra charge)
- Certification Distribution
- 108 Sun Salutations (optional)
- Special Fire Ceremony
Price and Dates
Yogmandu’s teacher training course starts on the 15th of every month and lasts for 28 days.
Payment / Refund
- USD 200 – Advanced deposit to confirm the booking. The deposit is non-refundable but could be transferred to another month in the same year in case of cancellation.
- USD 1200 – Due upon arrival.
- If canceled during the first week, 50% will be refunded.
- If canceled during the second week, 40% will be refunded.
- If canceled during the third week, 25% will be refunded.
- If canceled during the fourth week or after, the amount will not be refunded.