For his higher studies, he travelled to India. During his time there, he got the opportunity to learn and practice fundamental yogic principles and lifestyle with aspiring yogis and various gurus. Alongside the academic subjects, Guruji also pursued his studies of Vedic literature, Eastern philosophies, Upanishads and other diverse yogic philosophies.
Journey of Yoga
During the time he was pursuing his Ph.D., he gained knowledge on death, liberation, the soul, super soul, nature, incarnation and reincarnation, karma and principle of the karmic fruit, life and afterlife, bondage and liberation of the soul. He came to realize that these are the fundamental tools to enable us to lead a truly spiritual life, where we attain balance between the material and metaphysical world.
He has profound knowledge of the ancient scriptures and yogic philosophies. He studied under the guidance of some of the top-rated Sanskrit scholars and swamis in Nepal and India.
Additionally, while learning the traditional art of yoga and meditation, he was a disciple of great Himalayan Gurus who inspired him to practice farther and find the true essence of yoga.
Fresh out of University, Dr. Chintamani began expanding his teaching delving into various fields, such as children’s yoga, yoga for the elderly, for the youth and yoga teacher training courses.
Dr. Chintamani has spent more than 22 years of teaching yoga. Currently, he is running a Classical Yoga Retreat and Academy. Besides this, he has been involved with many corporate and social responsibility projects, media presentations and mentoring people from diverse backgrounds on health and lifestyle, stress management, personality development and skill and memory enhancement programs.
Furthermore, he led his own instructional yoga show with Janata International Television Station in Nepal. Dr Chintamani presented spiritual speeches on Bhakti Darshan international television channel. Through Nepal Yoga YouTube Channel, he continues to broadcast yogic wisdom.
Additionally, he is a Charter President of Lions Club Spiritual and Founder Member of T.U. Lion’s Blood Transfusion and Research Centre, Kathmandu. Dr Chintamani has been steadily building an active yoga community around the globe.
With over 40,000 + hours of teaching experience, Dr. Chintamani embodies a wealth of knowledge in the fields of Eastern philosophy, mantras, tantra, puja, spirituality, and social responsibility, the true aim of human life (self-realization), and the deep understanding of the value of yogic lifestyle.
Dr. Chintamani currently runs Nepal Yoga Academy and Nepal Yoga Retreat, in the tranquil hills of Kathmandu Valley, where guests and students from all over the world are welcomed to learn and immerse themselves in yoga alongside Dr. Chintamani and his dedicated team.
His students and followers call him “Guruji”.
His teaching style involves classical way and true form of yoga:
- Hatha yoga
- Ashtanga yoga
- Kriya yoga
- Karma yoga
- Jnana yoga
- Bhakti yoga
- Raja yoga
- Mantra yoga
- Kundalini yoga
and many more.
His teaching sessions are derived from ancient yogic texts, such as the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Chintamani teaches with the key desire to bring back to life the importance of yoga philosophy and reintroduce Yoga in its purest form.
He designs classes and programs that include invaluable insights and provide a spiritually rich environment for self-realization, while encouraging his students to work with their own level and use the traditional yogic teachings to inspire their individual journeys. More than 1000 students from around the globe have graduated successfully from Nepal Yoga Academy. Many of them are now successful yoga all over the world.
Dr. Chintamani has received many honours throughout his career:
- In 2011, he was awarded his Ph.D. (Doctorate) in Human Consciousness and Yogic Science by Gurukul Kangari University in Haridwar, India.
- In 2012, the President of Nepal, Dr. Ramvaran Yadav honoured him with the Nepal Vidyabhushan ‘KA’, on the auspicious occasion of Education Day.
- He’s been blessed and honored by Dr. Swami Shyamsundardas Shastri Ji Maharaj, the Director of Garivdasi sevashram
- He was honored for his service by various educational centers, governmental institutions and social organizations
Dr. Chintamani possesses various knowledge and experience on Yoga and yogic philosophy, as well as:
- Spiritual Discourse
- Standout workshops on Asana, Pranayama, yogic lifestyle, memory maximization and personality development
- Speeches on Stress Management
- Talks on peace, health, social responsibility and balance of life
- Mantra Chanting and teachings
- Skill enhancement workshops for youth
- Visiting faculty to many educational institutions
- Yogic consultations for healthy, happy and harmonious life
- Ph.D 2011Gurukul Kangri University in Haridwar, India.
Research title: A comparative study of Yoga Wisdom in Shwetashwatropanisad and Kathopanisad.
- Master’s in Yoga 2005Gurukul Kangri University in Haridwar, India
- Aacharya (Master’s in Sanskrit) 2004Sampurnananda Sanskrit University in Varanasi, India
- Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy
- Diploma in Massage Therapy
As a true yogi, Dr. Chintamani has rendered his services towards society and the nation.
He has been spreading the true essence of yoga through his outstanding experience and journey of yoga. He has been guiding the youth, elderly, people with ailments and children about how to inculcate yoga in their lifestyle to reach balance in their life. He has been rendering his teachings to many corporations to minimise the stress level in the work place and bring out the maximum benefits to the organisations and institutions.
As a yogi, Dr Chintamani’s teaching includes the love for the environment, non-violence in their lives, social values and ethics. He inspires people to be more humanitarian. He is raising awareness about nature, by motivating and influencing people, students and whoever comes in his radiance to love and appreciate nature and be less harmful to the environment and society.
Dr. Chintamani devotes a substantial amount of his time to the teaching of yoga both in Nepal and around the world. He has hosted yoga workshops and trainings in Japan, Italy, Austria, China, and India.
• Charter President:Lion’s Club of Kathmandu Spiritual
• Founder Member:T.U. Lion’s Blood Transfusion and Research Center, Kathmandu
• Founder and Secretary: Nepalese Association of Masters in Yogic Science (NAMYS)
• Advisor: Gandhi International Mission of Kathmandu